The gas and water industries have also long since arrived in the digital world. Digitalisation no longer concerns only classic IT companies, rather companies across all industries and sectors. New or changed business models emerge: Cars are shared via app, languages are learned online and music is streamed.
But industry is also changing: 3D printers make machine parts, robots assemble them, and entire factories are intelligently networked.
It is important to make use of this change. For this reason, figawa is organising an information event with exciting lectures on the subject of "Digitalisation in the gas and water industry" as part of its annual conference in Würzburg on May 7 and 8, 2019.
The aim of the event is to define the term digitalisation more precisely for the gas and water industry and to derive recommendations for action. Therefore this topic is approached from different perspectives.
The following programme is planned:
- Fear or anticipation of a fragile future? - time travel to tomorrow and yesterday and what we can learn from today
Prof. Dr. Maximilian Lude, Philoneos – Büro für Zukunftsangelegenheiten
- Googling google: What actually is Google and what are you really working on?
Sebastian Bartling, Philoneos – Büro für Zukunftsangelegenheiten
- What does digitalisation mean in sanitation, heating and air conditioning craft trades?
Helmut Bramann, Zentralverband Sanitär Heizung Klima
- What does digitalisation mean for SMEs?
Jan-Peter Ewe, Wilhelm Ewe GmbH & Co. KG
- What does digitalisation mean in metering?
Ulrich Eff, Diehl Metering GmbH
This event is primarily aimed at figawa member companies. Other interested companies are always welcome to contact us for more information.